[Solved] AOO hangs on Windows 10

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
pryzminc

[Solved] AOO hangs on Windows 10

Post by pryzminc »

For several months, O.O. Pro 2016 has been hanging, mostly upon saving a document, using Windows10. Today, it's happened 5 times. I think I know what is actually triggering the problem. Changing the highlight or even just going into the highlight menu always causes the issue. It also happens sometimes when saving the doc. It's becoming unusable.
Anybody??
Thanks
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Open Office Pro 2016 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: O.O. hangs on windows 10

Post by RoryOF »

Open Office Pro 2016 is marketed as a commercial product; we do not know how it has been modified from the free OpenOffice 4.1.5 downloadable from
http://www.openffice.org/download

You should pose the question to their Support - you paid for it.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
pryzminc

Post by pryzminc »

My Bad.. it is Open Office 4.1.5. I was dealing with quickbooks earlier and still had that version in my head.
The question still stands.

For several months, O.O. 4.1.5 has been hanging, mostly upon saving a document, using Windows10. Today, it's happened 5 times. I think I know what is actually triggering the problem. Changing the highlight or even just going into the highlight menu always causes the issue. It also happens sometimes when saving the doc. It's becoming unusable.
Anybody??
Thanks
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Rename your OpenOffice user profile.

Close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder (user.old is good to use). Start OpenOffice.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
pryzminc

Re: AOO hangs on Windows 10

Post by pryzminc »

Thank you for the process. I did a bit of testing and it's staying clean, no freezing.
Michael