Different printer settings on different laptops

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
the.paperman

Different printer settings on different laptops

Post by the.paperman »

I have calc open on two different laptops. Both operate on Windows 10.

On one if I go to file>printer settings I get
2018-06-08 printer settings - les.JPG
On the other if go the same route I get
2018-06-08 printer settings - jacq.JPG
As can be seen on the first example the 'type' is shown as EPSON WF-2750 Series. On this I can click 'Properties' and get the full range of options as to what and how I print.

But, on the second the 'type' is shown as Epson ESC/P-R V4 Class Driver. Clicking on 'Properties' gives me virtually no options, even insisting that Letter should be the paper size option.

I can't find a way to change the second problem settings which means that I'm having great difficulty printing from that laptop.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling OpenOffice from scratch. I've deleted the printer and reinstalled that as an option from scratch.

All to no avail. I'm sure the answer is simple but I can't think what to do next. Any help appreciated.

the'paperman
OpenOffice 4.1.1 Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Different printer settings on different laptops

Post by RoryOF »

A very quick guess: I suggest the printer is being installed on the second laptop with an alternate driver. I know that on other operating systems I can select for my Epson WP-4535 a choice between a generic Epson printer type and specific drivers for the WP-4535. I suggest you query the printer installation on Control Panel and see if you can nominate installation of the printer driver used on the first laptop on the second laptop. You may need to download specific drivers from Epson, rather than rely on Windows to identify and install.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
RoryOF

Re: Different printer settings on different laptops

Post by RoryOF »

For this printer Epson show a choice between an "EPSON Universal print driver" at 50.67 MB and a "Driver" at 27.90 MB
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS