[Solved] Trouble upgrading from OpenOffice 4.1.4 to 4.1.5

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
BeeBee

[Solved] Trouble upgrading from OpenOffice 4.1.4 to 4.1.5

Post by BeeBee »

This is just for info to those who get the same kind a funny request when installing the Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 on top of the 4.1.4 version. This is what happened:
After download I ran the install file as 'run as administrator' ( I always do to avoid funny M$ remarks ). After unpacking the setup wanted to go on, and I accepted clicking OK. After selecting what installation I preferred ... I suddenly was asked to point towards the 'openoffice414.msi' file. That file is not a part of the installation at all, and since I couldn't work around it I cancelled the installation after a while. Tried a couple of more times, but same results. Then I uninstalled the Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 using the Windows 'uninstall program option' and cleaned every trace after the installation ( I thought ) using CCleaner. But still with the same result. But before asking in this forum I tried this ... and it worked:

Download Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 if you don't have it from before. Run as administrator and select the option 'remove installation'. After doing so myself I installed the Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 without any problem on a clean system.

My guess is, that even checking the registration database for leftovers from the 4.1.4 version and not finding any ... somewhere in the Win system a trace was still there ... but where ? :)
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged solved
Win10(x64) OpenOffice 4.1.4