Cannot download and install ApacheOpenOffice.

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
John Wessel

Cannot download and install ApacheOpenOffice.

Post by John Wessel »

For several days I am trying to download and install ApacheOpenOffice 4.5.1, but I do not succeed. First of all it cannot be downloaded. What can I do?
OpenOffice 4.1.5
Windows 7 professional
robleyd

Re: Cannot download and install ApacheOpenOffice.

Post by robleyd »

First of all , please tell us exactly what you have done and what has resulted from your actions. Did you download using http://www.openoffice.org/download/ ?
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
John Wessel

Post by John Wessel »

I open Internet Explorer and click on any of the appearing sites of ApacheOpenOffice. Then I get a websitepage mentioning "Dowload full installation". Clicking thereon I get a page mentioning "Your dowload will start in ... Then I get a page with an icon and a moving circle which turns around endlessly
OpenOffice 4.1.5
Windows 7 professional
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

You are not being clear on exactly what it is you are doing. So try the following step-by-step:

(1) Go to this webpage: https://www.openoffice.org

(2) On that page click on the link that says: I want to download Apache OpenOffice. This will take you to a page where you can initiate the download from. That page will automatically select the correct language version for you according to the language of your system.

(3) Click on the button that says Download full installation. This will open a SourceForge page - which is where you actually get the download from. That page will automatically select a download mirror for you.

(4) If the download doesn't start after about 10 seconds click on the Problems Downloading button and then select either direct download or a Choose a different mirror (i.e. a mirror different from the mirror that was automatically selected when you first arrived on that page).

(5) Try this with different mirrors until such times as you get a download.

Personally, if I was having problems downloading I'd try the direct download option before trying a different mirror.
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Some of the SourceForge servers have been offline/intermittent during the past few days, because of migration to other hardware. The OO Downloads site is working, the Extensions and Templates sites are not yet available.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John Wessel

Post by John Wessel »

I did exactly what you described here, but the result remains zero. I decided to download and install LibreOffice instead and this works perfectly. So I said goodbye to Apache.
OpenOffice 4.1.5
Windows 7 professional
John Wessel

Post by John Wessel »

I do not see an "ünsusbsribe"-link at the bottom of this topic. So this is my goodbye to you.
OpenOffice 4.1.5
Windows 7 professional
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

I just tried a test download myself and all is working fine for me.

If you want to unsubscribe from this thread just scroll to the very bottom of the page and you will see a blue-coloured-band across the page. In that band there is link titled Unsubscribe topic and there will be an "x" in the box beside it. Just click on the link and you will be unsubscribed. (You can "subscribe" again (or to any thread where you haven't actually made a post) by just clicking the same link at the bottom of the page - though in that instance the link text and symbol will be different.)

Hope you enjoy LibreOffice - personally I find its menus messy compared to OpenOffice.
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

John Wessel wrote:I do not see an "ünsusbsribe"-link at the bottom of this topic. So this is my goodbye to you.
Don't forget that this forum also provides "User community support forum for Apache OpenOffice, LibreOffice and all the OpenOffice.org derivatives"
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers