Top margin/header problem

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
rthompson

Top margin/header problem

Post by rthompson »

No matter where I set the first line of printing, it prints at the very top of the page with no margin/header at all.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on MS Windows 7
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Top margin/header problem

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum.

Upload a small document file (eg .odt) showing the problem so that it can be analysed. Use the Upload attachment tab below where you type (128 kB max) or use a file share site for a larger file.

As a new poster you will find much useful information in the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials, the up to date Writer guide and the Writer Manual. May I suggest you bookmark the pages.

When a pop-up window opens, click the Help button for extensive help on that function - it is often more comprehensive than the manual.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Top margin/header problem

Post by Bill »

rthompson wrote:No matter where I set the first line of printing, it prints at the very top of the page with no margin/header at all.
Please upload a sample document or provide a more complete description of the problem. From the description given, it's impossible to determine if this is a problem with Writer, Calc, the printer or something else.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04