"--convert-to" works in OpenOffice Windows?

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
riddellg

"--convert-to" works in OpenOffice Windows?

Post by riddellg »

Hello,

I see this thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=83014 describes a "--headless --convert-to pdf" as a simple way to convert the odf to a pdf.

I've tried the same thing on Open Office 4.1.3 on Windows 7 and it does not appear to work. Instead the document just opens up in the GUI. The thread above is in reference to a Linux install so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if it is a Linux-only thing? Should this work with 4.1.3 on Windows?

I'm looking to do simply run a script to convert some odf files to pdf. Can someone share what the command line would look like to do a "no UI" conversion of an office writer odf document to pdf, without launching the UI to do Export as pdf ?

Thanks in advance, apologies, I feel a bit useless as it seems it should work!

-gr
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows
acknak

Re: "--convert-to" works in OpenOffice Windows?

Post by acknak »

That old thread is slightly wrong. OO only recognizes command line options that start with a single hyphen, -headless; the double-hyphen options are ignored. Libreoffice uses the double hyphen options.

But, even using the single hyphen options, OO (both 4.1.3 and 4.1.5) does not work for me. It just sits there and I have to interrupt it with Ctrl+c.

Libreoffice does work with that command line.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23