[Solved] Files left after upgrade to 2.3.1

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
hedera

[Solved] Files left after upgrade to 2.3.1

Post by hedera »

I can't really call this a "problem" but I would like to clean it up. I recently upgraded OOo from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1, and after the upgrade I found large groups of files lying around that I'd like to know if it's safe to delete:

1. The 124 MB of files left on my desktop by the unpacking process. Surely I don't need these??

2. The old folder under c:\Program Files - I installed 2.3.0 as c:\Program Files\Open Office, and that folder is still there with quite a lot of files in it. It looks like the installer just dumped everything into a new folder,

c:\Program Files\Open Office.org 2.3

and left the old files where they were. But I can't uninstall 2.3.0 from Add/Remove Programs, it isn't listed any more.

Is it safe to deleted these two directories?
Last edited by hedera on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hedera
OpenOffice 4.1.14 on Windows 10 (64-bit)
Nature bats last.
Hagar Delest

Re: Files left after upgrade to 2.3.1

Post by Hagar Delest »

Yes. If you had modifies the language configuration (/share/dict/ooo) or the gallery (by adding custom items), you can move the content of the old folders to the new ones.

I've never kept the installation files on the desktop and never had any issue afterwards.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' in your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
hedera

Re: Files left after upgrade to 2.3.1

Post by hedera »

Thanks for the feedback, Hagar. Actually, I checked the old folder in c:\Program Files, and there isn't a /share/dict/ooo - in fact, it looks exactly like the folder of install files I just deleted from my desktop; I must have overridden the default when I installed (I hate miscellaneous stuff on my desktop). So it looks like I can just delete it, and thanks again.
hedera
OpenOffice 4.1.14 on Windows 10 (64-bit)
Nature bats last.