Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 won't install

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
rismarved@gmail.com

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 won't install

Post by rismarved@gmail.com »

Dear Apache Team,

I am using an Acer 4741G Laptop running with Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) its a 64 Bit OS.
am currently using Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4
AOO414m5(Build:9788) - Rev. 1811857
2017-10-11 20:12

I have been receiving this update balloon when I use OpenOffice Impress. It keeps on asking me to update to the newest version.

However, upon clicking that button the message, a Popup message prompts me to download the new version. So when I hit the download button, it takes me to this url : https://www.openoffice.org/download/?ut ... gn=Upgrade

Where I make sure its Windows (exe) / English US / 4.1.5, I click on Download Full Installation.

After the download, I hit the run button, the installation program begins and it installs. But after all the installation a popup message comes up that
reads : -

" The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."

This always happens when I try to update the OpenOffice. Please help me with this problem. Ive even checked on my Services to see if the Windows Installation service is working. Its working fine. Ive even tried installing other programs, it all works fine.

I am very sure the problem lies in the Installation file itself. PLEASE CHECK !!! and is there a way to remove that PESKY update button ? Whats the use for the update button to keep buzzing, when the UPDATE installation isnt working. Please help. THANK YOU.
Attachments
Error Message Screenshot
Error Message Screenshot
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4
AOO414m5 (Build:9788) - Rev. 1811857

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
robleyd

Re: Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 won't install

Post by robleyd »

G'day, and welcome to the community forum. Please note, we are not the Apache team, we are just users of AOO providing support to other users

Have you tried the solutions for this problem posted in the MS Windows support site?

As for turning off the update notification, Tools | Options | OpenOffice | Online Update and select the settings you want.
 Edit: Fix link to be clickable 
Last edited by robleyd on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix link not displaying correctly
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

rismarved@gmail.com wrote:I am very sure the problem lies in the Installation file itself.
Something on your system may be causing the problem. This file has been available for 3 weeks and has been installed by many users. This error has not been previously reported here and no bug has been reported. Have you tried restarting the computer, then double-clicking the downloaded file before starting up other programs instead of hitting the run button?
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I remember that there was an upgrade to the Windows Installer on Win 7, I think in Service Pack 1; at the time there was discussion on Forum. I can't remember if the presence or absence of this was the cause of such a problem. Not using Windows to any extent I cannot be of further help.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS