[Solved] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 won't install

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
CJRook

[Solved] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 won't install

Post by CJRook »

Similar Problem. OpenOffice is not open, nor soffice. If I try to install 4.1.5, after it computes space requirements, I get:
Please exit OpenOffice 4.1.5 and the OpenOffice 4.1.5 Quickstarter before you continue. If you are using a multi-user system, also make sure that no other user has OpenOffice 4.1.5 open.

When I try to uninstall OpenOffice from the control panel and start fresh I get:
Please exit OpenOffice 4.1.4 and the OpenOffice 4.1.4 Quickstarter before you continue. If you are using a multi-user system, also make sure that no other user has OpenOffice 4.1.4 open.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 won't install

Post by Hagar Delest »

In the system tray (next to the Windows clock), you should see an AOO icon. Right click and exit it.
Then relaunch the installation.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
CJRook

Re: Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 won't install

Post by CJRook »

Here's how I got it to work. Previously, I had fired up AOO, did some editing, and selected the download icon. I shut down AOO before running the exe file. No form of AOO showed up in the taskmanager. It wasn't on the taskbar. Don't know if it showed up in the systray, since I didn't check it yesterday.

This time I started from a fresh boot. I did not fire up AOO. I used the exe from my downloads folder. All went smoothly and the download succeeded.

Thanks for the inspirational tip that made me think about how to keep AOO from showing up and having some vestige of it remain despite shutdown.

--C
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10