[Solved] Update or new installation?

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Woodcrafts_UK

[Solved] Update or new installation?

Post by Woodcrafts_UK »

This may be a silly question but I am new to Apache.

I recently started using Apache Open Office and installed 4.1.3 on my new PC. I have just received the prompt to say an update is available but when I click the button, the download is for a complete installation of 4.1.5. It was even asking me to enter all my details again. Most software I have used installs updates over the existing installation, not a completely new installation. Am I doing something wrong?

Hope someone can help.
Thanks,
Paul
Last edited by Woodcrafts_UK on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apache Open Office 4.1.3 - Windows 10(64bit)
FJCC

Re: Update or new installation?

Post by FJCC »

OpenOffice doesn't do incremental updates. You just download the whole thing and install over the previous version. With a decent internet connection it doens't take very long.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Note that your personal settings for the application remain untouched, your AOO profile is not removed during the installation.

Please add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Woodcrafts_UK

Post by Woodcrafts_UK »

Thanks for the speedy replies. Good to know there is help out there.
Apache Open Office 4.1.3 - Windows 10(64bit)