[Solved] AOO 4.1.5 install problem

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
soundchsr

[Solved] AOO 4.1.5 install problem

Post by soundchsr »

I was running v4.1.3 on a windows 10 ver1607 64 bit. I tried to upgrade to v4.1.4 late last year and got an error saying that a previous install was running and needed to be completed first. I gave up
then v4.1.5 came out and I get the same error. I use v4.1.3 Calc everyday. I don't know how to fix this. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Open Office 4.1.3 on Windows 10
robleyd

Re: v4.1.5 install problem

Post by robleyd »

Start TaskManager (Ctrl Shift ESc) and kill any soffice or openoffice processes shown on TM's tabs; then exit TM and try and install (without restarting Windows)
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

A Google search for the text of an error message usually finds help somewhere online, but a Google search for "previous install was running" or "previous install is running" doesn't. I suspect that your actual error message was about an MSI error, but without the exact error message, that's just a guess. If robleyd's suggestion doesn't help, then, for a quicker resolution, either use Google to search for the error message text yourself or post the error message text here so someone can help or direct you to somewhere that you can find a solution.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
soundchsr

Post by soundchsr »

I followed robleyd's advice and didn't see anything in TMgr. There were 2 MSFT KB##### updates in APPS that weren't completely installed. Pure speculation but it was possible the bldg. took a pwr hit while they were installing and never completed, I don't know. I uninstalled them then reinstalled v4.1.5 successfully.
Thanks for all your suggestions they pointed me in the right direction.
Regards,
TonyD aka soundchsr
Open Office 4.1.3 on Windows 10