OpenOffice updater

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Andreaslupa

OpenOffice updater

Post by Andreaslupa »

Start up at PC, the updater starts with abdate question yes / no.
But have the latest version and if I still press yes Blocked the virus scanner! How do I get the update question away?
OpenOffice 4.1.5 . Windows 10
RusselB

Re: office updater

Post by RusselB »

I'm a little confused with the way you did your initial post, as I don't recall ever seeing a poll used in this manner.
That aside, I'm going to make an educated guess that you tried to install an updated version of OpenOffice but you are getting a message saying that it can't install or that your anti-virus is reporting a problem with the version you are trying to install.
If the first, open the Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and look for any entries in the Processes tab (I seem to recall Microsoft changed the name in Windows 10, but not using Windows 10 I don't know what they called it) for any entries beginning with soffice
End process for any and all soffice processes.
Run the installation program again.

If it is your anti-virus causing problems, ensure that the information in How to verify a download matches for the file you downloaded.
If the checksums match, then I suspect that your anti-virus is giving a false positive and can be ignored. This is, at times, the problem when a new version has been released and the anti-virus codes don't recognize the new version.
If it doesn't match, then delete the file you downloaded, run a thorough scan of your system for viruses and malware, then download from http://www.openoffice.org/download which will redirect you to the SourceForge servers, where, in turn (after a few seconds) the download will begin automatically.

If nothing I've posted above actually answers your question, or if I've completely misunderstood you, please clarify your question with more details. (Note: another poll, I believe, would be useless)
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Please post a screen shot of the message. The AOO online update feature does not start when the computer is started and does not ask for a yes/no answer.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
jimmynkimr

Re: Office updater

Post by jimmynkimr »

I don't have any kind of question prompted but when I select "Check for Updates" from Help menu in Open Office, it displays Checking for an Update Failed. Has been this way for quite some time now. My anti-virus had never interfered with updater before. Screen grab attached.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Open Office 4.1.5 on Windows 10 64 bit
robleyd

Re: Office updater

Post by robleyd »

Please see this post in a similar topic.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

RusselB wrote:I'm a little confused with the way you did your initial post, as I don't recall ever seeing a poll used in this manner.
I guess the question was not intended to be a poll. I've removed it.

There is a discussion on the dev mailing list IIRC.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10