[Solved] Printing Problems

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
fractx

[Solved] Printing Problems

Post by fractx »

I have always been able to print to my HP printer 4600 series from OpenOffice and suddenly I cannot. When I hit print in calc or writer the box shows my printer but when I hit Print nothing happens. I've Googled the problem but could find not help. Any suggestion? The printer works great from any other application.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
openoffice 4.1.4 on windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Printing Problemss

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum.

What happens when you go File > Print?

Try printing this document.
Attachments
test.odt
(11.7 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
fractx

Re: Printing Problemss

Post by fractx »

Hi - Nothing would print from OpenOffice. I finally solved 'my' problem by uninstalling OpenOffice and resetting Windows 10. I'm pretty sure the problem was caused by Windows and not OpenOffice. Something got corrupted in Windows evidently and the reset fixed it. Thanks for your reply. Have a good one
openoffice 4.1.4 on windows 10
Rina

Re: [Solved] Printing Problems

Post by Rina »

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT THERE? I am not computer literate. All I can tell you is that I shut off my computer while away during Christmas. Everything with Open Office was fine until I returned and turned on my computer. I wanted to print my document and it wouldn't print. It said that Open Office did not have a printer connection. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? I have uninstalled, re-installed as well as the printer. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO?

PS: How will I know when I get a reply? HELP
OpenOffice 4.1.5
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Printing Problems

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum.

It is a problem with Windows 10 which installs the wrong printer driver.

1. Go to the printer manufacturer web site and download the correct printer driver for your printer.
2. Install it.

As a new poster you will find much useful information in the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials, the up to date Writer guide and the Writer Manual. When a pop-up window opens, click the Help button for extensive help on that function - it is often more comprehensive than the manual.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.