Cannot open anything

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
openbill

Cannot open anything

Post by openbill »

This is just feedback. Long time user. Not uncommon to have a half dozen large spreadsheets open at once. Suddenly could not open any openoffice files. If I tried to reinstall, repair, or uninstall it told me to close something first. Except, Task Manager did not show open apps. Switched to LibreOffice to continue working. Went back to Task Manager and thought to look at Background Processes. Dozens of OpenOffice processes listed. Started ending the processes and apparently pulled the cork from the dam because because the remaining processes started opening like fireworks. Somebody made a mess and didn't clean it up. Wish I could have noticed a pattern. Sorry. Just thought someone would like to know. :?:
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Cannot open anything

Post by RoryOF »

Such left-over processes are there because of some form of improper close-down of OpenOffice on your computer - perhaps program or system crashes, perhaps powering off without going through a proper computer close down procedure and allowing a few seconds extra for the internal write buffers of the drives to flush. You may get the same problem using LibreOffice.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS