Printing

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
holmesandson85

Printing

Post by holmesandson85 »

When I try and print, my file locks up the page and I can`t do anything else. I have to go out of the file and return to continue on. I just downloaded the updated version 4.14. I did not have this problem until I updated to the lastest version of OpenOffice 4.14.. My printer works fine on anything else in my computer, so I think there is something wrong with the download. What can I do to fix this problem. This is my first time on this site, so I don`t know how long it takes to get an answer..
 Edit: Email removed. Answers will be posted here 
. Thank you Robert
OpenOffice 4.14 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: printing

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
It is not policy to reply via e-mail, as that prevents others from searching the forum and (possibly) finding an answer before posting the same (or similar) question to one that's already been answered.
Did you verify the download? If so, and it did verify, then there's nothing wrong with the download, however, that doesn't mean a developer made a boo-boo and messed up some code that controls the printer.
Personally, I haven't encountered this problem with 4.1.4.
The easiest fix, if you need something quickly, is to redownload 4.1.3 and install it over the 4.1.4, or get a copy of a portable version and use it, thus maintaining your current installation of 4.1.4, yet allowing you access to the same quality that was in 4.1.3, and thus allowing you to print using the portable version.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.