An icon on the task bar

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
macka02@tpg.com.au

An icon on the task bar

Post by macka02@tpg.com.au »

Last Thursday/Friday I got a Windows10 update and also advice from Apache that Open Office's new version was 4.1.4.
Now, I had OO4.1.3 installed so I downloaded OO4.1.4. So far so good.
The old version I had somehow put an icon on the taskbar and when I downloaded the new version (4.1.4) the icon disappeared and I just wanted tho put to put an icon for version 4.1.4 back there.
How do I do it so that when I click on it to open the icon the various programmes are useable, like writer, calc, etc.
What I did before was simple (?) but I have forgotten what I did. Can you people help me please... and yes I did use the icon often.

Regards,
Clive McCloughan
Open Office 4.1.1 on Windows 8.1
robleyd

Re: An icon on the task bar

Post by robleyd »

That is something you do with your operating system, in your case Windows, rather than AOO; a quick internet search turned up https://www.howtogeek.com/225568/how-to ... indows-10/ among other results.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
keme
Volunteer

Re: An icon on the task bar

Post by keme »

macka02@tpg.com.au wrote:...
The old version I had somehow put an icon on the taskbar and when I downloaded the new version (4.1.4) the icon disappeared and I just wanted tho put to put an icon for version 4.1.4 back there.
How do I do it so that when I click on it to open the icon the various programmes are useable, like writer, calc, etc.
You may be referring to the quickstarter, in the system tray area of the taskbar.
Choose Tools - Options - OpenOffice - Memory, and tick to load OpenOffice at startup.

You may also want to update your forum signature, which currently shows Windows 8.1 and AOO 4.1.1
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10