splwow64.exe- Ordinal not found

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
sunilkri

Post by sunilkri »

On starting any files, the following error message is displayed:-
The ordinal 342 could not be found in the dynamic link library c;|WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\mxdwdrv.dll
On pressing OK, the same message is repeated. On second OK, the message goes and the file opens, but doses not print.
Tried to repair via Windows uninstall/repair and Openoffice installation repair, but the problem persists.
Is there a solution which I can try?
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10 64 bit
Bill
Volunteer

Re: splwow64.exe- Ordinal not found

Post by Bill »

Did you try reinstalling the printer? Do you have the latest printer driver installed?
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I agree with Bill, with one slight difference: I would disconnect and uninstall the printer. Then I would reboot Windows. Connect the printer after Windows has finished booting (giver it a minute or two to allow it finish). Then reinstall the printer from a downloaded latest driver (visit printer mabufacturer's site to get this).
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

If you Google splwow64.exe you will find it is a Windows component which allows 32 bit applications like AOO to communicate with 64 bit print drivers on 64 bit operating systems.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.