Recent inability to print text and spreadsheet documents

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
mmayf@att.net

Recent inability to print text and spreadsheet documents

Post by mmayf@att.net »

Ive been using OO for about two years, and love it. All was well until last month. Not sure what changed, but recently I tried to print documents which had previously printed fine. A spreadsheet would print only borders that had been set in certain cells, but none of the data. Also tried to print a text document, and nothing printed at all. I had a pdf version of that text doc, and it printed fine (from a browser).

I am printing to an HP "air" printer via WiFi.

Any thoughts?
OpenOffice 4.1.3 installed on Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 version 1703 OS build 15063.608
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Recent inability to print text and spreadsheet documents

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum.

1 Can you print from other applications like email or your browser or Notepad?

2 If you can, create a new text document by File > New > Text document. Can you print it?
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
mmayf@att.net

Post by mmayf@att.net »

1. I can print from other apps. Example, just printed from Firefox

2. Just did and, as before, the text shows up in the print preview pane, and a page feeds from the printer, but no print is present.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 installed on Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 version 1703 OS build 15063.608
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Very strange. I don't have any thing to suggest other than these which may help

1 Reboot in Safe Mode - is it now OK? If so ..

2 Reboot normally. Is it OK? If not

3 Reset the AOO User Profile - see Resetting the user profile.

4 re-install the printer driver and reboot

5 Create a new user on your PC and, If necessary, install AOO for that user only. Does it work OK for the new user? If so it sounds like a corrupted Windows user setup (most likely) or a corrupted AOO installation (less likely). So, uninstall AOO completely. Create a new user (or use the one you created) and copy all your data to the new user. Install AOO and when AOO asks Use your data? answer NO.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.