[Solved] Problem with installing updated version

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Raymond B

[Solved] Problem with installing updated version

Post by Raymond B »

I have been running version 4.1.2 for sometime now without any problems. Yesterday I downloaded the updated version 4.1.3. When I tried to install the update the process runs until the following message box pops up:- "Error 1316 - The specified account already exists". The installation then stops and rolls back. Have tried to install again same message. Have even uninstalled the existing version and then tried to install again. Even the the same message appears. As things are I have no access to any of my documents and files as I cannot open them.

Can someone explain how I can install the new version and get access to my files.

Thanks
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 7 Home
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Problem with installing updated version

Post by Bill »

It's my understanding that this is a problem with the Microsoft Installer, not OpenOffice. Something is blocking removal of the old version or installing the new version. See: Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Raymond B

Re: Problem with installing updated version

Post by Raymond B »

Many thanks Bill. Followed the link you provided downloaded the program and ran it to solve the problem. New version installed no problems all working. Raymond
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 7 Home
telerover

Re: [Solved] Problem with installing updated version

Post by telerover »

that did it! Thanks. It got rid of 4.0.1 and now I am able to go back to using my favorite office suite.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... or-removed
windows 7
Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.5_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe