AOO on Win10 IoT Enterprise?

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
rb93

AOO on Win10 IoT Enterprise?

Post by rb93 »

Hello,

I am trying to determine if AOO 4.1x can be installed on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise edition. Everything I've read about Win10 IoT Enterprise leads me to believe it functions more or less like the non-IoT version of Win10, which supports AOO.

Thank you
OpenOffice 4.1 on Win7 Pro
RusselB

Re: AOO on Win10 IoT Enterprise?

Post by RusselB »

This is, realistically, a developer level question, and there are few (if any) developers on this forum.
The easiest way for you to determine if it will install or not, is to try it. If it does, great... if not, you're out a bit of time.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: AOO on Win10 IoT Enterprise?

Post by John_Ha »

Windows 10 IoT editions explained says
Windows 10 IoT [Internet of Things] Enterprise is a direct descendant of Windows Embedded OS family, which is basically a x86 version of Windows optimized to run unattended inside a non-PC device, like POS terminal, kiosk or outdoor display. As it’s a x86 Windows version, it can run all varieties of Windows applications (desktop or universal), being backwards compatible with applications created decades ago. There are plenty devices now still running Windows XP Embedded (which, unlike regular XP, is still supported, but end of life is coming in 2016) and Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a clear path to upgrade for these devices.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.