Calc file won't close

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
kanuski

Calc file won't close

Post by kanuski »

I have a Calc file open that will not close. A form is open and it won't close either. I have tried using the file menu and closing the window. Nothing works. I have to use the task manager to close the program. After restarting the program and doing a file recovery the same problem continues.
Any help appreciated.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1
Windows 8.1
RusselB

Re: Calc file won't close

Post by RusselB »

Is the problem with just the one file, or are all of your Calc files acting this way?
Is it just Calc, or do you see similar problems with other Open Office apps (eg: Writer)?
If it's with all files and/or happening in multiple Open Office apps, then my first suggestion is to reset your Open Office User Profile.
Search the Tutorials forum for "The Open Office User Profile"
Other than that, the only real suggestion I'd make at this point, is to request that you upload a copy of the file so that we can test it on systems.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.