Incomplete installation

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
nata1996

Incomplete installation

Post by nata1996 »

I have tried to install several programs but the same error code (1713) appears and says path not found. Although the file downloads, the installation is incomplete. My system is windows 10 and I'm currently trying to install open office 4.1.3(en-US). To me it seems that windows is blocking the installation. What can I do?
Willie Marshall
OpenOffice 4.1.3(en-US) installation files
Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Incomplete installation

Post by RoryOF »

Try entering the folder of downloaded files and finding setup.exe; run that, rather than the .msi file that OO install is using.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
nata1996

Post by nata1996 »

When I try this option, right after I'm asked if I want this program to make changes and enter the yes box, a box appears with the words "an unknown error occurred"
Willie Marshall
OpenOffice 4.1.3(en-US) installation files
Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Are you seeing error 1713 when installing OpenOffice? A forum search finds no previous mention of error 1713 and a Google search finds error 1713 associated with installing Microsoft Office.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The suggested cure (in the case of MS Office installations) is to run the setup.exe file rather than the .msi file.
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/what-is-error-1713
suggests that if running the setup.exe file fails to install for non MS products one should run a virus check.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

The techwalla article is about Microsoft Office. It doesn't apply to OpenOffice. With OpenOffice, the Installation Wizard displays the message "Please use the file setup.exe to start the installation" when trying to run the .msi file to install OpenOffice. There is no mention of an error 1713.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The end of the techwalla article says
Other Possibilities

You may have a virus if this error pops up when you're not attempting to install an Office Suite product. If so, download your latest antivirus software update and run a scan.
 Edit: Further searching suggests this may be a user permissions problem. Another program says
Browse to the directory where the install files are located, then right-click on the setup.exe file and select Run as administrator.