Program is incompatible?

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
thc@thctlc.co

Program is incompatible?

Post by thc@thctlc.co »

After a lightning storm we lost everything that had anything to do with Open Office except Icons. I'm no tech guy. "Windows Defender" keeps telling me the Program is incompatible. Icons don't call up program any more. Should I delete, un-install and start over? Will I permanently lose all our files? On the spreadsheet program it is the same. I'd sure like to get our Data back. Thank you.
Open Office 4.1.2 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: program is incompatible?

Post by RoryOF »

Just reinstall.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Lupp
Volunteer

Re: program is incompatible?

Post by Lupp »

Concerning your OpenOffice files: Only your system (Win) can tell you if they are still accessible.
If so, they will hopefully also have preserved their contents. However, lightning storms may damage a lot. You will have to try as soon as you again have Office software working.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
PavelPavlov

Re: Program is incompatible?

Post by PavelPavlov »

You can try to run it in the "compatibility" mode. As far as I understand you have Windows 10
Then you can right click on the program icon, select the properties, go to the "compatibility" section and choose "run the program in compatibility mode with" Windows 7 "
This solution often helps me in similar situations