[Solved] 'No documents'message when trying to access

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
fentoi

[Solved] 'No documents'message when trying to access

Post by fentoi »

When trying to open saved documents on Open Office 3.3 I get the message 'no documents'. I'm using Windows 10. Reading other posts am worried computer has not been closed down properly when other family members using it it - but they would not have been using Open Office. Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by RoryOF on Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Reason: Added green tick [RoryOF, Moderator]
    OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows 10
    RoryOF

Re: 'No documents'message when trying to access

Post by RoryOF »

The documents should be in the folder(s) in which they were originally saved, even if they don't appear in /File /Recent documents list in OpenOffice. Try starting OpenOffice from Programs then use the navigation buttons in /File /Open to navigate to that directory, select a file and open it.
     Edit: Also, if you remember the name or partial name of one of the files, use the system file search to look for it. 
    Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
    fentoi

Re: [Solved]'No documents'message when trying to access

Post by fentoi »

Thanks for the reply. When I logged back into the PC I realised there are two separate accounts on my PC, although I usually only use one of them. I was in the wrong one!! Open Office was loaded but I had never used it and it is not linked in with the other account. My apologies for stupidity and wasting your time.
    OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows 10