[Solved] Menus "blinking" when I scroll, in LO

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
prr

[Solved] Menus "blinking" when I scroll, in LO

Post by prr »

I just installed the update (LO 5.4.0.3) yesterday, and when I scroll through the font menu (either in Writer or Calc), the font list blinks (not sure how to describe it--it is as if I can't see it for a split second, then I can see it, then I can't see it again). I am updating my graphics drivers in the slight chance that this might be an issue, although I doubt it---the ordinary display window is fine, but when I scroll through a list of fonts, or even the main menu (View, Insert, Format, Styles), any of these menus will blink when I move the cursor down them.

Any suggestion?
Last edited by prr on Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
LO 7.1.6.2 on Windows 10
prr

Re: Menus "blinking" when I scroll, in LO

Post by prr »

Just updated graphics (AMD) drivers and rebooted, Problem remains, as I thought it would.
LO 7.1.6.2 on Windows 10
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

There is a bug report similar to this.

Have you tried altering the OpenGLI settings in Tools/Options/LibreOffice/View ?
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
prr

Post by prr »

Thanks for the tip. I had not looked at that at all.

I did what someone there said to do---disable hardware acceleration, and moving with the cursor or scroll bar is as slow as molasses, even with a small (35 kb) file. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the HWA box checked again. I did enable OpenGL settings.

I think I'll just downgrade to 5.3.5 or .4. I didn't notice this at all when I had 5.2.0.4; I should have just stayed with that, but it had been several months, and I thought it might be good to see if there were any improvements.
LO 7.1.6.2 on Windows 10
prr

Post by prr »

Installed 5.3.4.2 and all is well. I still can't check that HWA box, but at least it is not slow moving the cursor and scrollbar, and my menus are not blinking any more. I think I'm done installing new versions, at least until 6.0 comes out.
LO 7.1.6.2 on Windows 10
prr

Re: [Solved] Menus "blinking" when I scroll, in LO

Post by prr »

Actually, I had to roll back to 5.2.7.2 and the problem is almost entirely gone, so if you are suffering this, I'd recommend giving 5.2.7.2 a shot. I found it here : https://downloadarchive.documentfoundat ... ffice/old/
LO 7.1.6.2 on Windows 10
prr

Re: [Solved] Menus "blinking" when I scroll, in LO

Post by prr »

The RC for 5.3.7.1 has resolved this, at least for me. Someone in the bug report linked to above, has said the same thing.
LO 7.1.6.2 on Windows 10