OpenOffice Documents won't print

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Miriana13

OpenOffice Documents won't print

Post by Miriana13 »

Was printing documents fine a few days ago. Tried to print today and got message "Could not start printer. Please check your printer configuration." Printer is working fine at printing from Word Starter and from internet. Have run all possible tests on the printer. Never had this happen before with Open Office, don't know what to do to fix it, and need to print the stuff. Thanks.
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows 7
RusselB

Re: Open Office Documents won't print.

Post by RusselB »

First off, Welcome to the Forums.
In regards to your specific problem, while I can't say I can recall seeing this problem before (and a quick forum search didn't find anything), I'm going to suggest that you reset your user profile as that "cures" most of the sudden problems.
Details/help on resetting your user profile can be found here
Hope this helps.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
ErikT

Re: OpenOffice Documents won't print

Post by ErikT »

I did not see a clear SOLVED on this issue, so I suppose it is still alive.

I experienced the same problems this week, but with a few extra twists.
I did not install anything new. I printed a letter and an hour later I added an envelop to the document and tried to print that. That is when the problem occurred. I tried deleting the user profile - no effect. I re-installed the printer and I got the other reported problem: not the error "Cannot start printer", but it is spooling and then disappears, no print. I tried restarting OO and the computer - no effect. I tried to print at another printer: error "Cannot start..". I isolated the envelop in a new document, tried again, same problems.

Later the same day I tried to print another document (no envelop): no problem, it printed without a glitch! Could it be something in the combination of envelop and letter? Or may be in the page size?
AOO 4.1 on Ms Windows 7pro
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

When you tried to print, had you told the printer (/File /Printer : Properties button) that it was to print to an envelope of the correct size?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

Yes, envelop size in the document and in the printer properties were consistent.
AOO 4.1 on Ms Windows 7pro