The file name would be too long error

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
silvadicosta

The file name would be too long error

Post by silvadicosta »

I am facing this type of error: "The file name would be too long for the destination folder. You can shorten file name and try again, or try a location that has a shorter path." skip or error. What should I do now.. thanks
OpenOffice 3.1
RoryOF

Re: The file name would be too long error

Post by RoryOF »

Try a short name and Save to your desktop. Now your file has been saved, crisis over. Time now to examine why the original Save didn't work - your system, your file path, your filename - how can we know anything about these?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I am facing this type of error: "The file name would be too long for the destination folder. You can shorten file name and try again, or try a location that has a shorter path." skip or error. What should I do now.. thanks
Please upload the file name and/or the full URL (the path and the file name) here.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

If I recall correctly, and presuming the OP is using a version of Windows up to and including 7, the error reported is coming from the Windows operating system, and is due to the number of characters in the file and path (including the extension) of being greater than 1024 or the number of path separators (the / character) is greater than 16.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
v3locim

Post by v3locim »

I would suggest to try "Long Path Tool" program.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 Win7