Cannot save

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
chelsearowe78

Cannot save

Post by chelsearowe78 »

I completed my project in Spread sheets and when I go to save it I get a message saying "Error saving the document Untitled1: Object not accessible. The object cannot be accessed due to insufficient user rights. I have imported all my other worksheets from excel and have had no problem. I even re-created it from scratch and still get the same message. Please help as I have to keep re-doing to project everytime I need it. :crazy:
'
Open Office 4.1.3 Windows 10
FJCC

Re: Cannot save

Post by FJCC »

If you are saving the file in the xls format, try saving it in the native ods format. Does that work?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
chelsearowe78

Post by chelsearowe78 »

I am saving it as ods
Open Office 4.1.3 Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

In the /File /Save as window, is "Automatic file name extension" box checked? It should be. You could also try to Save to your computer desktop. If you can save there, then the problem may be due to insufficient rights to your previous target directory. Make sure that there are no non-standard (i.e. non ASCII 96) characters or spaces in your Save path,
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS