[Solved] Switch between programs in Windows

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
kknerr

[Solved] Switch between programs in Windows

Post by kknerr »

I understand that it is easy to switch between open documents. But uppose you want to keep your TEXT document open while opening DRAW and creating a new document there? I see how to do it on the MAC...please help--I'm not on the Mac.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Openoffice 4.1.3 on windows 10
FJCC

Re: Switch between programs in Windows

Post by FJCC »

Perhaps I am not understanding your question. You can open a Draw document with the menu File -> New -> Drawing.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

As FJCC says. Each document will remain open until you close it, so you can have multiple OpenOffice documents open at one time. You can switch between documents by using the list under menu item /Windows
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

You can also use the Alt or Windows modifier key with tab (the tab key is just above caps lock). Both let you cycle through all open windows to find the one you need.

This works almost like cmd+tab on the mac, except when one application has multiple open windows.
Apple OSX maintains two sequences to cycle through. Cmd+tab cycles active applications. Cmd+shift+tilde cycles through open windows in the currently selected application. MS Windows puts all open windows in a single cycle.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
kknerr

Post by kknerr »

Thank you FJCC.
Openoffice 4.1.3 on windows 10