Could not install JRE in OpenOffice

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
titfortat

Could not install JRE in OpenOffice

Post by titfortat »

Hi everyone,

I have used Openoffice base for one year. It's no problem before to install Jre and openoffice. However, this time, I buy a new computer with windows 10 and openoffice 4.1.3. I tried many times in same way, could not detect Jre according to different people said methods.
I install 32bit/ 64bits Jre and select tool -> openoffice -> java -> jre. never detect Jre and could not open my database with message asking me to install Jre. Please help me, I am frustrating! Thank you very much!

Jack Lee
windows 10 and openoffice 4.1.3
Hagar Delest

Re: could not install Jre in open office

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

You need to install the 32bit version of JRE because AOO is a 32bit application.

Please add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Could not install JRE in OpenOffice

Post by Bill »

It may be caused by a bug in AOO 4.1.3 which should be fixed in AOO 4.1.4. See the workaround in this bug report:

Issue 127176 - Java not recognized after update to AOO 4.1.3
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
edhannahs

Re: Could not install JRE in OpenOffice

Post by edhannahs »

I had the very same problem. Replaced failed hard drive and installed everything new, then AOO wouldn't recognize Java. My problem was solved using the link in comment 23 at the link given above by Bill.
AOO still didn't automatically detect Java but I was able to use the Add button successfully.

A00 4.1.3 on 64 bit Windows 10
openoffice 4.1.2 on windows 10