[Issue] Clicking on macros causes endless loop

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
prr

[Issue] Clicking on macros causes endless loop

Post by prr »

Whenever I poke around the Customize dialog, and I click on a macro, I end up getting an endless loop of error messages saying that I need to install java. I don't have it installed on this laptop, and I'd rather not do this, if I can get away with it. I have found AOO to be rather faster than normal this last time that I've tried to use it, so I'd like to avoid java in the hope that this will keep OO fast.

Is there something I can do, to avoid this endless loop? After clicking OK to this error message, before I can do anything else, I get the same exact error message. Again I click ok, and then again it pops up. The only way out is for me to use the task manager of windows to close out the program. I can't even shut down that particular doc that was open, when I went itno teh customize dialog.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Issue] (link to a bug report).
LO 7.1.6.2 on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Clicking on macros causes endless loop

Post by Bill »

It's not an endless loop but does take a few more clicks:

Issue 121245 - Need click 12 times on 'Ok' to close dialog 'Requieres JRE'.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
prr

Re: Clicking on macros causes endless loop

Post by prr »

Well I'll call that a near-endless loop.

At any rate, thanks for linking to the bug. At least now I know that this is to be expected (not desired, but expected).

I'll see if there is some lite Java substitute that I can install to get rid of this bug.
LO 7.1.6.2 on Windows 10