How do I register my email program?

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
kengee

How do I register my email program?

Post by kengee »

How do I register my email program? in 4.1.1 Window default apps. does not show
comcast.net! kengee<at>comcast.net
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited title, was: email program
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: email program

Post by RusselB »

based on the website and address you specified in your post, your e-mail appears to be web based, rather than an actual program on your computer.
If you want to use AOO with an e-mail program, then you need to download and install one first.
Thunderbird is an e-mail program that I have seen referenced a lot on this forum for similar queries.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: How do I register my email program?

Post by Villeroy »

kengee<at>comcast.net is an email account. I guess, that you are using an internet browser to access that account. An internet browser is not an email program. I guess that Ravina's answer adds your mail account to the Windows settings. I guess that the Microsoft mail program will work with that account then. But I'm fairly sure that Microsoft's mail program will never co-operate with any non-Microsoft program such as OpenOffice. However I'm not sure about the last point.

Simply save your file and attach it to your mail however you do this with your preferred email program, browser or whatever. There is always some attachment button calling a file picker dialog where you can point to whatever file needs to be attached.

If the ability to attach office documents via File>Send>Email... is important (I think it's not), then you may install https://www.thunderbird.net/ , configure it to access your mail account and define it as your default mail program. With Thunderbird as default mail program, File>Send>Email... will open a Thunderbird window with a new email having the current document attached. However, I don't think it is worth the effort unless you want to work with Thunderbird anyway.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice