[Solved] OpenOffice 2.4.1 - Error1316

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows

[Solved] OpenOffice 2.4.1 - Error1316

Postby Panky » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:10 pm

When I try to install Open Office 2.4.1, I receive an error that reads:

Error 1316: A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\openoffice24.msi.

Then the installer reads: Rolling back action.

I have Open Office 2.4 installed. Then I was having issues with the program lagging when working with other programs. For example, if I copy text and went to place the text into DreamWeaver, Open Office would just hang as if it was thinking about what it wanted to do next, then all of a sudden it would work. Open Office would hang with other programs as well. Open Office 2.4 just isn't playing nice with other programs for me.

I read that if I update my Java to the latest version and install Open Office 2.4.1, the problem would be fixed. But, now I'm having issues installing 2.4.1.

When I try to uninstall 2.4 using Add/Remove programs, I get the same error, so 2.4 won't uninstall.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

My OS is Win XP Pro. Updated with most recent updates.
I downloaded Open Office 2.4.1 from OpenOffice.org.

Thank you!
Jennifer
Last edited by Panky on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
Panky

Re: OpenOffice 2.4.1 - Error1316

Postby Hagar Delest » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:37 pm

See here perhaps: [Solved] cant install OOo version has already been installed. That should do it.
Else, see here: Cannot Uninstall ver 2.1.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
AOO 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 20.04 and 4.1.5 on Windows 10 (with winPenPack port).
Hagar Delest

Re: OpenOffice 2.4.1 - Error1316

Postby Panky » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:41 am

Thank you very much. The recommendations worked. I used the Windows uninstaller that was recommended. Then I just installed Open Office 2.4.1. There were no errors and I've been using the program all day without any glitches. So once again, thank you very much. I do appreciate it. :)

Jennifer
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
Panky

Return to MS Windows