[Solved] Open office down load from 2.3 to 2.4

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
joe2day

[Solved] Open office down load from 2.3 to 2.4

Post by joe2day »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using?2.3
What Operating System (version) are you using? windows xp
What is your question or comment? I have downloaded open office it is ver 2.3 the other day I opened my spreed sheet in open office calc. I had a icon in the upper right hand corner that said an update was available.When I clicked on it it took me to a pop up that said Status open office is available but in the description it said . the auto down load of the update is currently not available. Click download to download open office. org manually from the web site. This I don't understand.most of the time when I have a software or program that needs a update when I click on it it states to download.I don't know why it states the auto download in not available.And I don't know what it means to download open office. org from the web site.Thanks Joe
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
Hagar Delest

Re: open office down load from 2.3 to 2.4

Post by Hagar Delest »

There is a feature that start the download automatically but it's broken.

Just go to the OOo web site and download it manually, there is a link at bottom a this page.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

joe2day wrote:...I don't know what it means to download open office. org from the web site.
Where did you download 2.3? If you go to the same site, you should now be able to download 2.4. Download the installation file for 2.4, shut down 2.3 including the quickstarter, then double-click the installation file for 2.4. You don't have to uninstall 2.3 manually. It will be uninstalled automatically before 2.4 is installed.
joe2day

Post by joe2day »

Thank you all for your help I now have open office ver 2.4 Thanks again for the help every one.. Solved).