[Solved] Error 1402

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
nwarp

[Solved] Error 1402

Post by nwarp »

I am trying to upgrade from Open Office 2.3 to 2.4 I have no trouble with downloading. When trying to install I receive a error message and installation stops. The message is Error 1402 HKEY_Local_Machine/Software/Classes/.sdp/Open with progIDS. Is there a way around this. My situation is now I do not have any word prcessing ability until I solve the problem. I never had any problem with 2.3. If I can't solve problem will have o find alternative software. I've tried all the usual things like disabling antivirus, firewall and all running programmes with no luck.

OS Vista home premium
antivirus/firewall nod32 Eset
2 gig memory
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
nwarp

Re: Error 1402

Post by nwarp »

I've solved the problem. When installing, a choice of allowing all users access to the program or just myself, is offered, I forget the exact wording. The all users choice is first of the two selections I selected that choice when I changed my selection to only I can access the programme it installed without any problems and is functioning normally.

Regards from Down Under