Using muliple screens

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
StefanGaller

Using muliple screens

Post by StefanGaller »

Hello!

Sometimes I use OpenOffice on two screens. I open different dialogs or windows on the second screen and write on the first screen. When I go back to a mode with only one screen, Open Office is still opening all these windows and dialogs on the second screen - which I cannot access this time! So unfortuantely I cannot work anymore without a second screen. Is this problem known? What can I do?

Thanks - Stefan

----------------------------------------------

Machine:
- Intel Pentium M
- 1.6 GHz
- 1,24 GB Ram
- Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset
- Video BIOS Version: 3412

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile Report

Report Date: 04/01/2008
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 12:14:42
Driver Version: 6.14.10.4250
Operating System: Windows NT* 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Default Language: German
DirectX* Version: 9.0
Physical Memory: 1270 MB
Min. Graphics Memory: 8 MB
Max. Graphics Memory: 128 MB
Graphics Memory in use: 40 MB
Processor: x86 family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8
Processor Speed: 1596 MHZ
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x2592
Device Revision: 3

* Output Devices Connected to Graphics Accelerator *

Active Monitors:1
Active Notebook Displays:1
acknak

Re: Using muliple screens

Post by acknak »

The dual-screen XP system that I use occasionally always re-configures itself at boot (usually with a crash or two as well), to adjust to the presence or absence of the second monitor. If the other monitor is not detected, it configures as a single screen and nothing can come up on the other screen. At least that's how it seems to work--it's not that often that we change it around, and I can't remember ever running OOo in the single-screen configuration, so I could be confused again.

So maybe your first strategy would be to try and be sure that the system can tell whether the second screen is available or not.

I know XP can be configured with different hardware profiles. Maybe you can set up two profiles and choose manually, if the system can't automatically detect the proper configuration.

Also, take a look at this thread: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... f=7&t=2947
There are some tips there on how to recover windows that have wandered off to neverland.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23