[Issue] Paste/Clipboard not working

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
RoryOF

Re: [Issue] Paste/Clipboard not working

Post by RoryOF »

A way around this might be to have two Windows logons, one for you-OpenOffice, the other for you-Skype, and install OpenOffice only for the first user, and Skype only for the second user.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
cranleighboy

Post by cranleighboy »

I have also found the clipboard system on OpenOffice Draw to be failing. It might help diagnosis if I detail the work-around I have found, even though that is tedious and appears to be very strange behaviour.
1. I capture an image with ABBYY Screenshot Reader, which puts the captured area on the clipboard (I don't think the capturing software is important)
2. In OO Draw the Paste functions (Menu, Icon or Control-V) are not activated (greyed out) so Paste is impossible
3. Paste the image into MS Word (that works OK showing the image is on the clipboard as does Clipbook viewer)
4. Copy the MS Word image
5. OpenOffice Draw can now paste the image

It beats me why OO Draw can see the image on the clipboard when copied via MS Word, but not directly. It is rare fro mw to find MS office offering facilities like that. What's the magic?

As this problem appears to have been around for at least 3 years why is no-one interested in a solution?
Open Office 3.3 Windows XP SP3
tomtom37

Post by tomtom37 »

I don't have Word, but have had no problem since I installed and use Ditto as my clipboard. I assumed therefore that it's a Windows problem, since I also had the problem with Thunderbird, but I really haven't a clue.
Openoffice 3.4 on Windows 7
oo_user_1967

Post by oo_user_1967 »

Okay, here is a work-around, sort of:

I also have the problem with ctrl-c / ctrl-v pasting into Calc. Whether I copy text from Firefox or Chrome, it does not matter: Calc will paste what was in the buffer previously. But, I noticed this works (on Windows 7 at least):

Highlight the text you want to copy, in whatever program it might be. Then, "drag and drop" the highlighted text into Calc, and it works every time (for me at least).

This is of course is a odd work-around, until the problem is fixed. It might be a problem with Windows, though. Whenever I try to copy and paste images (by ctrl-c, ctrl-v) into Gmail when composing a message, it will not paste properly, either. But, the above drag-and-drop method will work fine, for pasting images into a gmail message.
OpenOffice 3.3.0 on Windows 7
tomgoldie

Post by tomgoldie »

We are having this problem between Acrobat Reader and OOo 4.0.0. We have discovered that 1) Holding Ctrl+C in Acrobat until an error occurs allows the paste into OOo, and 2) Pasting images first into MS Paint, is a reasonable work-around.
OOo 3.3 on WinXP SP2
f1ibberty

Post by f1ibberty »

The problem for me was: I couldn't copy text or numbers from an Open Office spreadsheet and paste into text fields in Firefox.
I fixed it by disabling the extension Firebug 2.0.4
Hope that helps somebody ;)
P-Name

Post by P-Name »

I had this problem for the first time this morning, after hibernating the computer with OO open. I closed and re-opened OO and the paste function is back to normal now.
OpenOffice 3.2.1 on Windows XP