OpenOffice.org on Windows 7 32-bit

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
kerashi

OpenOffice.org on Windows 7 32-bit

Post by kerashi »

I installed Windows 7 Beta on my old computer, and it appears to be giving problems when installing OpenOffice.org.

Specifically, I have gotten two separate errors. The first occurred when I tried to install it initially. The second occurs after accepting the offer to "Re-Install using recommended settings."

I have tried disabling Avira AntiVir after reading it could cause problems, but still had no luck with that. I also tried turning off UAC, no luck there. This is a nearly fresh install of Windows 7 32-bit, only installed mIRC, Avira AntiVir Personal, Firefox, and World of Warcraft.

OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + Ubuntu 8.10
thomasjk
Volunteer

Re: OpenOffice.org on Windows 7 32-bit

Post by thomasjk »

I was able to successfully install OOo on Windows 7. The errors are Windows issues not OOo 3 issues. See this site for some help http://katana.oooninja.com/w/openoffice ... leshooting. Also a forum search the forum for Error 1935
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
kerashi

Post by kerashi »

The second error I resolved, however I've still got the first. I tried every solution that I could, still no luck. When I try to install any version of .NET, it keeps telling me to look in "Turn Windows features on or off." When I look there there isn't anything there related to .NET, in fact it looks very empty compared to what I've seen in Vista.
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

When I installed OOo v3 in Windows 7, I was asked if I trusted this program(or something to that effect) and I said yes. OOo installed without a hitch. These types of problems have been reported many times before with multiple solutions, mainly on Vista but also XP.
Tom K.
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
kerashi

Post by kerashi »

Restored the system to where it was to start with and it installed. I'm still not sure what caused the problem. Maybe because I had Java 6 Update 11 (from Java website) and Java 6 Update 7 (from OOo) installed at the same time? Or maybe some other install messed something up. Not sure, all I know is nothing else I tried worked.
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

Another Windows mystery. :D
Tom K.
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
Yozick

Post by Yozick »

I had been having a real problem installing OOo3 for awhile. I finally got this as a More Information [Help] window. I thought to myself WTH tried it and all of a sudden I can install stuff on my laptop. So you may want to give this a try!
Solve a problem with Windows 7 beta

An issue with the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) client in Windows 7 beta is causing Explorer and some MSI-based installers to stop working properly.

To solve this problem, follow these steps:

Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Accessories.

Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. In the User Account Control window, verify that Program name is Windows Command Processor, and then click Yes.

In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type or paste the following text at the prompt:

reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f

Press Enter to install the solution.

If The operation completed successfully displays, close the Administrator: Command Prompt window to complete this procedure. If "ERROR: Access is denied" displays, repeat this procedure from the top, making sure you clicked Run as administrator in step two.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows Other + Win Vista
davidb09

Post by davidb09 »

Just for information. When I ran the MS Windows 7 RC compatibility check on my laptop (currently using XP SP3), I was informed that, if I attempted to install this OS, Open Office 3.0 would not be compatible with it - thus need to refer to OO program originator. Is this a fundamental issue which may be causing problems? This is academic for me at the moment, since I do not have quite enough spare disc space to install it anyway, so will be sticking to present OS.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP