May not have the appropriate permissions

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
jfenderjr

May not have the appropriate permissions

Post by jfenderjr »

Edit: Split from Can't get AOO 4.1 to install since this problem is different. 
I am having difficulty installing AOO 4.1 for Windows 10, every time I try and open it, it says "I may not have the appropriate permissions, to access the item"

Did Windows add security features to not allow AOO to be installed? Is their a workaround for this?
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: May not have the appropriate permissions

Post by John_Ha »

Do you have Administrator rights on your PC? You need Administrator rights to install software. Google for how to get them.

The steps are

1. Download Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.10_Win_x86_install_en-GB.exe from https://www.openoffice.org/download/
2. Double click the file to install AOO. If you have Administrator rights it will install - just answer the questions.

Or have you installed it successfully, but you cannot run the installed AOO? If so, go Start > scroll to OpenOffice > Click Writer etc to start AOO.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.