[Solved] Unable to save a spreadsheet?

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
witstert

[Solved] Unable to save a spreadsheet?

Post by witstert »

Last night I opened OpenOffice and updated it to 4.1.10. Other went into Calc and created a new spreadsheet/workbook. When finished I tried to save it a sub-folder on/in an external HDD. the "Save As" dialog window after several attempts. I, then, found that I could not go the Folder/sub-folders on/in my PC at all. Has the method of saving documents, in Apache OpenOffice, changed in someway? Admittedly, I have not used OpenOffice for a long while. Assistance will be appreciated. Kind regards. Ron
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
Ooo 4.0.1; Windows 8
robleyd

Re: Unable to save a spreadsheet?

Post by robleyd »

Is there any error message that might help with understanding the problem? Nothing about saving documents has changes in Apache OpenOffice, but there may be issues with e.g. antivirus programs.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Always, when faced with an "unable to Save" message, try Save As on your desktop.

Then your file is Saved, and you can sort out later what is causing the problem, which is often Windows Antivirus, Windows Defender, or an AntiRansomeware permissions problem.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
witstert

Post by witstert »

Hi RoryOF,
Put my PC to sleep (considering what rubbish it is I wish I could vet-style) and this morning when I woke it up all was well. Thought that there was some new feature in 4.1.10. Thanks for your advice.
Ooo 4.0.1; Windows 8