Can't open AOO, Java problem

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Judez

Can't open AOO, Java problem

Post by Judez »

I am totally stumped. Unfortunately I updated to 4.1.10. Now when I try to open it I get this:

"The OpenOffice configuration has been changed. Under tools-options-OpenOffice-Java, select the JAVA runtime environment you want to have used by OpenOffice."

This pop-up seems to assume you can actually go to tools-options . . . etc. When you can't. The popup won't go away unless I shut down and restart. Since it seems like 4110 requires a 32 bit version, and there doesn't seem to be available on the Java website, what am I suppose to do to get the program working again? I downloaded OpenJDK11U-jdk_x64_windows_hotspot_11.0.11_9.msi but still it won't work and the popup remains.

Is there a way to re install an earlier version?
Open Office 4.1.10 Windows 10
robleyd

Re: Can't open OO. Java problem.

Post by robleyd »

I downloaded OpenJDK11U-jdk_x64_windows_hotspot_11.0.11_9.msi
That is a 64 bit version, as shown by the x64 in the filename.

See Troubleshooting Open/LibreOffice and Java; the first post shows how to get the 32 bit version for Windows. You could also try https://adoptopenjdk.net/
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
Mountaineer

Re: Can't open AOO, Java problem

Post by Mountaineer »

The download-sites usually detect your OS as 64-bit and offer a suitable download.

As you need to support a 32-bit program you have to change this yourself. The sites can't read your mind.

J.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

Go to the Oracle website https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp. Note you may have to create an account to login first.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Judez wrote:Is there a way to re install an earlier version?
You probably just need to download the 32-bit version. The 32-bit version of the file you downloaded can be downloaded from:

Prebuilt OpenJDK Binaries for Free!

Don't click the "Latest release" download button. Instead, click "Other platforms". In the new page, select "Windows" for the Operating System and "x86" for the Architecture, then click the .msi download button. This should download the file OpenJDK11U-jdk_x86-32_windows_hotspot_11.0.11_9.msi file which will install the 32-bit jdk.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

You can also leave Java as is and install a 64-bit office suite: https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/li ... penoffice/
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice