LOST FILES after loading Open Office 4.1.5

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Junebug2222

LOST FILES after loading Open Office 4.1.5

Post by Junebug2222 »

I recently loaded on Open Office 4.1.5. Just logged into this program & all my files are gone! Help! Where can I find them????? :( :(
Open Office 4.1.5. Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: LOST FILES after loading Open Office 4.1.5

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

What is the file format you used for your files?
The file association may have been changed, see: [Tutorial] Setting the default program to open files.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The files are not on your/File /Recent Documents list in OpenOffice (perhaps because you upgraded from OpenOffice version 3 to v4), but they will be in the folder in which they were Saved. Use OpenOffice /File /Open to navigate to that folder and select the desired file. As each file is opened, it will once again appear in the Recent Files list.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Junebug2222

Post by Junebug2222 »

This matter isn't being solved! I do not use MS word & have only used Apache/Open Office. As mentioned previously, I just upgraded the program to 4.1.5.

I'm desperate to retrieve all my files as matters a URGENT!

Pls. help!!
Open Office 4.1.5. Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I'm desperate to retrieve all my files as matters a URGENT!
You must know where you saved your document to with the previous version of the office suite, and you must know which file type did you use. Just search in your storage device by the serching function of the operating system, or use the File - Open of the newer version of the office suite: browse the existing directories.

An upgrade of the Open/LibreOffice never delete your documents.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Junebug2222 wrote:I recently loaded on Open Office 4.1.5. Just logged into this program & all my files are gone!
Did you look in your Documents folder? We can't tell you where your files are because you specified where your files were to be saved when you saved them. We have no way of knowing where that is. Your files should still be where you saved them. Upgrading AOO or installing any program does not change where your files are. If you don't know where you saved them, you can search for them using Windows Search. If you don't know how to use Windows Search, you can do an Internet search to find instructions.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04