[Solved] Files corrupted from USB memory stick

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
wunny

Re: [Solved] Files corrupted from USB memory stick

Post by wunny »

RoryOF wrote:I've been doing a little (very little!) research. There are occasional problems reported with USB 3 devices on USB 2 ports; these seem to be connected mostly with the USB 2 port not supplying enough power for USB 3 disk drives. I doubt this is the case in this instance. If you had a USB 2 stick, it would be interesting to see if a transfer using it worked correctly.
I tried again with an Intenso - Rainbow Line 64GB USB2 stick. As before, moving the files into the 'My Documents' folder on the Dell Inspiron Laptop, resulted in the Corrupt file messages, but moving them to the new folder that I created on the Desktop, results in everything opening correctly.

I'll just use that folder for those files, as it gets the job done.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and help.
OpenOffice4 Win10
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

What is the exact message you get? It may be that Windows Defender, or your Antivirus software, prevents you from accessing the files in a normal directory; I believe that Desktop may not be monitored by such programs.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
wunny

Post by wunny »

robleyd wrote:What is the exact message you get? It may be that Windows Defender, or your Antivirus software, prevents you from accessing the files in a normal directory; I believe that Desktop may not be monitored by such programs.
Messages as posted previously, as screen shots.

I do not have any problems with the files on either of my two PCs that I have at my workplace.
OpenOffice4 Win10