OpenOffice is crashing

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
zoegm83

OpenOffice is crashing

Post by zoegm83 »

Open Office Text continues to crash every time I've tried to use it lately. I tried reinstalling, didn't work. Then I tried opening in safe mode and it seemed to work fine. How can I fix this issue?
Open Office 4.1.10 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Open Office is crashing

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
Since there isn't a module called Text in OpenOffice, I'm going to guess you mean OpenOffice Writer.
That aside, since your version of OpenOffice works when running in Safe Mode, then the problem lies with some program or driver that is loaded when running Windows in normal mode that isn't loaded in Safe Mode.
We have no way of knowing what program(s)/driver(s) are being loaded on your system.
You, or someone with computer knowledge, will have to go through your system one file at a time in order to determine which one is causing OpenOffice to crash.
From a financial stand point, I hope you (or a friend of yours) have/has the knowledge to do this.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Hagar Delest

Re: Open Office is crashing

Post by Hagar Delest »

If it works fine in safe mode, then try to reset your OpenOffice user profile.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10