[Solved] Cannot follow Resetting the Profile in Win10

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
bentLeters010

[Solved] Cannot follow Resetting the Profile in Win10

Post by bentLeters010 »

Edit: Split from Ctrl+Shift+S shortcut unavailable in Find&Replace because a question about the user profile is not related to the original topic. 
(If the font is relevant to some code mechanism of it, that would do for some programming theorizing..)

I cannot get enough relevancy in the pics for Resetting the Profile in the Win10 link. It is different (e.g. there is an "Open" but not OpenOffice). Maybe I could rename that and test, or I could just do the whole SpecialCharacter mission with "charmap" in the winRun : nothing so good as the express shortcut though..
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
Open Office 4.1.6 on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Ctrl+Shift+S shortcut unavailable in Find&Replace

Post by Bill »

The quick way to reset the user profile is to copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the address bar of the File Explorer, then press Enter. This opens the folder containing the "user" folder which contains the user profile. Rename the "user" folder. When AOO is restarted, a new "user" folder will be inserted with the default user settings.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
bentLeters010

Post by bentLeters010 »

Nope sir, I did copy and enter that, the File Explorer could not come up with anything, "was working on it" for a lot of time, some high power usage only showed up, and then nothing, I had to give it up.

It's ok, I do make a point though that I was seeing this feature functional in many AOO versions and histories of the operating system: it even had a first short relapse once and came back, the second time did not come back... almost like "ghost" behavior.
I suppose one would only regret the loss of an expensive tool..
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

You must differentiate between File Explorer and Internet Explorer.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
bentLeters010

Re: Cannot follow Resetting the Profile in the Win10 link

Post by bentLeters010 »

Of course that was differentiated! In the first example it was the magnifier icon in the taskbar: tapping results there opens the browser. In the second example it is the folder icon "File Explorer". It sure found nothing as for %appdata%\OpenOffice\4
e.g. a search for "system configuration" was popping up numerous results and the bar could not be filled all up to the last 0.5%. But the search for %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 did not pop up not one result, and the bar would not fill up the last 0.5% for too much time to stand waiting.

(nevermind if this was not expected, all well)
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

bentLeters010 wrote:...the search for %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 did not pop up not one result...
You're not supposed to search for anything using the Search Box or any other search function. You're supposed to paste the address in the File Explorer Address Bar. Using the address bar takes to you to one specific address. No searching is required.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

On Windows 10, when I open the Start menu and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4, then it finds the profile right away and opens it in the file Explorer. Note that I do not use the search feature in the taskbar, I just paste the string (Ctrl+V) when the menu is open.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Clipboard01.gif
Now press Enter
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Hagar Delest

Re: [Solved] Cannot follow Resetting the Profile in Win10

Post by Hagar Delest »

Success (to reset the profile), I've moved the post in the initial topic to continue the initial discussion.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10