Unsuccessful update to AOO 4.1.9 on Windows 10

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
rthomas268

Unsuccessful update to AOO 4.1.9 on Windows 10

Post by rthomas268 »

I kept getting the update notice on my Calc, so I did a download onto my Windows 10 PC. Windows 10 would not allow me to choose anyway except the Windows Store to attempt to install the update. I have version 4.1.8 and the update would be to 4.1.9. It has been very difficult for me to dicipher the terminology directions that Open Office website provides that I am supposed to follow to install the update. I don't understand a lot of what it's telling me.
So, unfortunately, I will continue using the current program and I have gone thru and changed all my necessary files to Microsoft Excel so I can be sure I will be able to edit and update these files as needed. Now I have the necessary files in two different software programs.
Very discouraging that I am unable to easily do updates to Open Office software which I have been using for years.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Unsuccessful Updating

Post by Hagar Delest »

Have you used the official site? See the link bottom right of the page.
I think there was some discussions because indeed Microsoft made it a bit more complex to install the last release.
Perhaps you can describe what kind of question is asked or upload screenshots so that we can guide you through.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10