Printer does not connect to PC/aloha

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
joe mahalo

Printer does not connect to PC/aloha

Post by joe mahalo »

aloha :bravo: first thing is the thank you very much for your help as a volunteer. I have a Dell PC with Windows ultimate seven running Apache 4.17.with a USB connection. I have recently changed my printer, and getting an error message that says it's not connected.
I made the mistake of buying an HP printer because both Walmart/Costco carry the ink in stock. It connected and worked but could not scan and was a software nightmare. I went back to the store and I replaced it with an Epsom workforce 2850.after online check chat with Epsom, I followed instructions and Deleted Previous Software and Rebooted and Then Downloaded the Software They Gave Me. (Don't Mind the Caps because Something Just Happened on My Voice Recognition and I Have No Clue What or How). When that didn't work I tried it again. When that didn't work, I uninstalled everything and rebooted again and attempted to download the disc. Still the same problem. The control panel shows the printer as default with a green check. The taskbar and pulldown from OpenOffice seem to work fine, and the document is trapped in the queue. Here's my request. In the past I remember changing a setting years ago when the brother printer had a problem and then it worked. Somehow I fixed it and I don't know why. So it's either Windows or HP that might be holding this up. Could you walk me by step-by-step on adjusting the settings to give me another idea. Hopefully I gave you enough information to go somewhere with it. Thank you again for your help. :knock:
open office 4.17 Windows 7
Hagar Delest

Re: help please/printer does not connect to PC/aloha

Post by Hagar Delest »

You mean that it doesn't work for any document?
Exporting a document to PDF and printing does the same, correct?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Mountaineer

Re: Printer does not connect to PC/aloha

Post by Mountaineer »

One thing to check:
Sometimes the printer is just halted.
If you find the checkbox in the context menu of the printer or printer queue, toggle it.

Everything else is not easy to check without access to the machine.

J.

PS: I forgot: Two years ago I was lead to a printer, and the clerk said "This time we checked. The power cable is plugged in". As I saw the Laptop I also pluged in the usb-cable, as it was removed for a usb-stick, but left in plain sight.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
ontanian

Post by ontanian »

joe mahalo wrote:aloha :bravo: first thing is the thank you very much for your help as a volunteer. I have a Dell PC with Windows ultimate 7 running Apache 4.17.with a USB connection. I have recently changed my printer, and getting an error message that says it's not connected.
I made the mistake of buying an HP printer because both Walmart/Costco carry the ink in stock. It connected and worked but could not scan and was a software nightmare. I went back to the store and I replaced it with an Epsom workforce 2850.after online check chat with Epsom, I followed instructions and Deleted Previous Software and Rebooted and Then Downloaded the Software They Gave Me. (Don't Mind the Caps because Something Just Happened on My Voice Recognition and I Have No Clue What or How). When that didn't work I tried it again. When that didn't work, I uninstalled everything and rebooted again and attempted to download the disc. Still the same problem. The control panel shows the printer as default with a green check. The taskbar and pulldown from OpenOffice seem to work fine, and the document is trapped in the queue. Here's my request. In the past I remember changing a setting years ago when the brother printer had a problem and then it worked. Somehow I fixed it and I don't know why. So it's either Windows or HP that might be holding this up. Could you walk me by step-by-step on adjusting the settings to give me another idea. Hopefully I gave you enough information to go somewhere with it. Thank you again for your help. :knock:
To fix it, you'll need to restart the service:
On your keyboard, press the Windows + R key and enter services. msc in the Run box.
Scroll down to locate Printer Spooler. Right-click it and select Restart.
Check if your HP printer is able to print now.
Last edited by ontanian on Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 10
ontanian

Post by ontanian »

You can also check this tutorial for quick fix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y8LOxDqfps
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 10