[Solved] Download 4.1.7

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
globalmr

[Solved] Download 4.1.7

Post by globalmr »

Have no idea if in the right place. When I created account would not let me unless I put in what I did not have meaning

I am trying to download OpenOffice 4.1.7, and I get all the way to the end and get a dialog box saying
Please exit OpenOffice 4.1.7 and the OpenOffice 4.1.7 Quickstarter before you continue. Click OK and everything closes. The program is not installed. I am not using a multi-user system and OpenOffice 4.1.7 is not open. this is a new install.
I am using Windows 10

Any thoughts?

or what url do I post this question on?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 3.1 Windows Vista
FJCC

Re: Download 4.1.7

Post by FJCC »

Let's see if you have an openoffice process running. Press the three keys CTRL Shift ESC simultaneously. This will bring up the Task Manager. If you are on Windows 10, click on the Details tab. I think that tab was called Processes on older Windows versions. Click the Name heading to sort the process by name. Scroll down to find any processes call soffice.bin. If there are any, click on that name and then click on End Task. If there are no soffice processes, let us know.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
globalmr

Re: Download 4.1.7

Post by globalmr »

Thank you for the recommendation and solved.

Thank you
OpenOffice 3.1 Windows Vista