[Solved] Convert doc to microsoft word

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
skiiiii

[Solved] Convert doc to microsoft word

Post by skiiiii »

I recently typed up a document that shows up as openoffice.org which when i sent it to others to open they are unable to open it. I'm unsure how this document got saved as openoffice, all my documents have always been under microsoft word. I saved the document on my desk top and when I went to save it, I believe that's when it happened. How can I convert this over to word so the others can open their copies?? any help would be greatly appreciated, so that I can understand how to fix this if it happens again.

thanks very much
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
Hagar Delest

Re: convert doc to microsoft word

Post by Hagar Delest »

The native format of OOo is the ODF (Open Document Format), see here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument.
To save your document in MS Office format, just Save As and choose the right format in the drop-down list. You can set it as default in the Tools>Options>Load/Save>General dialog (bottom area). Beware, MS Office format is a closed format, no chance to recover its content if there is an issue.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' in your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10