Error 2894.Internal Error 2894. 193

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Polymath_88

Error 2894.Internal Error 2894. 193

Post by Polymath_88 »

I've been having issues opening documents with both Microsoft Office and OpenOffice. Connection to the printer also recently stopped working (not sure if this is related).

After having MS support tell me to reinstall (and still not having that work) I tried reinstalling OpenOffice, only to be met with the error message you see in the Subject.

Any help would be appreciated. This is happening on my mothers business computer and there are documents that we need to update by the end of the month. I haven't tried older versions of OpenOffice- that's my next adventure.

I'm hoping someone here can steer me in a good direction.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Error 2894.Internal Error 2894. 193

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

You can try a portable version of OpenOffice at least for the urgent matters.
I've found this one: Installation error for 2.4, an old one but perhaps it will help.

There are sometimes problems when you don't install in the default location but if it worked with the previous version, it should (or a regression perhaps?).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Error 2894.Internal Error 2894. 193

Post by John_Ha »

1. Windows 10 updates often install the wrong printer driver. Go to the printer manufacturer's web site and download the correct driver for the printer.

2. Reinstalling does not fix any problems in the User Profile. Reset the profile - see Resetting the user profile.

3. Google error 2894. It seems to be a Windows problem - see I'm getting window installer error 2894 when I try to install new software.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.